Everyone’s talking about 2016. What are you going to do with the New Year? What are your goals…dreams…plans? And while I absolutely agree that we need to intentionally dream big and then act, we’re getting a little ahead of ourselves. 2015 isn’t even over yet, my friend, and you’ve got some things you need to reflect on for this year.
And this time, I don’t want you to think about all the things that didn’t happen as you’d hoped or planned. Instead, I want you to recognize and reflect on what went well.
Celebrate your year. Be proud of what you did. Enjoy the wins, whether they were big or small!
I want to hear your “Best Of” list.
Take some time and think through the last year…the entire year. What are you proud of or excited about? Write it down (bonus points if you share it with your loved ones that are cheering you on!)
I couldn’t write this note to you without doing the homework myself, of course. Here’s my “Best Of” for 2015. It’s been quite a year!
(Now remember: we’re only talking about wins today. I’ve got plenty of fails, too, but that’s for another day, for both of us.)
- Quit my dream job in March
- Spent the entire summer with my family (first time I wasn’t gone for a month in nearly ten years)
- Ran a half-marathon
- Grew my Facebook fans by 5x, and my email list by 10x
- Wrote a blog post that’s been shared over 500 times
- Launched my membership program: The Boardroom (which actually has real, paying members that I absolutely adore)
- Launched my hubby’s hilarious podcast
- Launched my hubby’s waterfowl company
- Launched a program to help churches intentionally reach new people
(In 2016, we’re not launching a darn thing I tell you! Goodness!)
Next month, I promise you we’ll be talking about what you want to do in the New Year. I’m all for intentionally building a business you love AND a life you enjoy! And I can’t wait to help you do it, next year.
But for now, before you dive head-first into the New Year, let’s give the old one some credit.
Write down your “Best OF!”
And if you’re willing to share, share this article on Facebook or Twitter and add your wins. I’d love to celebrate with you!
Have you scooped up your free gift yet? To get the goods, and to receive new posts like this one fresh off the BizFarm, click here to join the BizFarmer VIPs. If this post would be helpful to one of your friends, please share it via the links below. Thanks for stopping by today!